Corporate department

Opening a Limited Liability Company

Opening a limited liability company is governed by Polish Code in Commercial Companies which recognizes corporations and partnerships. Their formation, operation, division, merging and dissolution are regulated by the Code of Commercial Partnerships and Companies. The category of partnerships includes registered partnerships, professional partnerships, limited partnerships and limited joint-stock partnerships.

Corporations are registered either as limited liability companies or joint-stock companies. In principle, their registration procedures are quite similar; however the applications that need to be submitted to National Court Register (KRS – Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy) may vary.

Opening a limited liability company requires an entry to the National Court Register. In order to accomplish the foregoing, an application must be submitted through filling in an appropriate form (in paper or digitally). The application must be appended with a number of documents, such as the deed of association of a company or the partnership agreement, foreigners declaration, certification of the right to the property housing the company’s registered office, an official form of declaring oneself as social security premiums payer submitted to Social Insurance Institution (ZUS-Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych), the application for Tax Identification Number (NIP – Numer Identyfikacji Podatkowej), and the application for Industry Identification Number (REGON). You should consider adpoting bylaws of the newly formed company.

Once the foregoing is accomplished, the entry in the National Court Register can be made. The entry takes the form of a decision and it must be announced in the Court and Commercial Gazette (Monitor Sądowy i Gospodarczy), which is chargeable depending on the form of the company.

CGO Legal law firm assists clients in opening a limited liability company as well as other types of partnership or corporation. Our service includes drafting the deeds of association of companies or partnership agreements, preparation of appropriate applications and/or declarations. We will also help you submit them to relevant institutions.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have any questions.