The total number of working hours in 2024 will amount to 2008, which equals 251 working days. Employees will have 115 days off, including 13 holidays. What are the regulations regarding working hours and their overall dimension? How does the working time look in detail in 2024? How is the working time calculated for part-time employees? When are the holidays that reduce working time in 2024? We provide answers to these questions below.
Table of Contents
- Number of working hours in 2024 – norms and overall working time
- Number of working hours in 2024 – working time in detail
- Number of working hours in 2024 – working time for part-time employees
- Number of working hours in 2024 – holidays reducing working time
Number of working hours in 2024 – norms and overall working time
According to the Labor Code regulations, the working time cannot exceed 8 hours per day. It also cannot exceed an average of 40 hours in a five-day workweek. This refers to an average settlement period not exceeding 4 months. Based on this, the number of hours to be worked by an employee is determined.
To calculate an employee’s working time, you must:
- multiply 40 hours by the number of weeks in the settlement period, and then
- add to the obtained number of hours the product of 8 hours and the number of days remaining until the end of the settlement period, falling from Monday to Friday.
Each holiday occurring during the settlement period and falling on a day other than Sunday reduces the working time by 8 hours.
Number of working hours in 2024 – working time in detail
Below we present a summary of working time in 2024. The table includes the number of working hours, working days, and days off. They correspond to a one-month settlement period. They are divided into specific months.
|Month||working hours||working days||days off|
As shown in the above table, the total number of working hours in 2024 will be 2008 hours.
Number of working hours in 2024 – working time for part-time employees
For part-time employees, the dimension of working time is reduced proportionally to the number of hours on full-time employment.
For example, if the working time in a given month is 160 hours:
- For an employee employed on 1/2 of the full-time equivalent, the working time will be 80 hours.
- For an employee employed on 3/4 of the full-time equivalent, the working time will be 120 hours.
Number of working hours in 2024 – holidays reducing working time
Below we present a list of statutory holidays reducing working time in 2024.
|Holidays in 2024|
|1 January||Monday||New Year’s Day|
|31 March||Sunday||Easter Sunday|
|1 April||Monday||Easter Monday|
|1 May||Wednesday||Labor Day|
|3 May||Friday||Constitution Day|
|30 May||Thursday||Corpus Christi|
|15 August||Thursday||Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary|
|1 November||Friday||All Saints’ Day|
|11 November||Monday||Independence Day|
|25 December||Wednesday||Christmas Day|
|26 December||Thursday||Second Day of Christmas|
In 2024, the number of working hours will be 2008, the number of working days – 251, and the number of days off – 115. The dimension of working hours in specific months of 2024 will range from 152 in November to 184 in July and October.
If you find the above article interesting and want to know more about the topic, we invite you to cooperate with us. Our specialists in Łódź and Warsaw are ready to assist you. Contact us today and let us help you.