A general rule in Polish legal system is that starting a business activity does not require obtaining any specific permits, licenses or notifications. The only thing a foreign investor should do though is to register his activity in one of available forms. There are however many situations in which it is required for an entrepreneur to obtain special permit, license or go through a notification procedure. For over 12 years the team of our Polish law firm has been assisting foreign investors in staying compliant within the regulatory area of Polish legal system. Which types of business are regulated in Poland? When you will need our assistance in obtaining a permit, license or go through a registration process into the register of regulated activities?
There are many activities in Poland which require concessions, permits or entry in the register of regulated activities. You may find a detailed infoamation on regulated activities on the official website of Polish government. Getting the concession, permit or entry in the register of regulated activities, enables the applicant (often a company) to perform the said buiness activity in whole country (Poland) and for indefinite (in some cases limited) period of time. To give you an idea on the business acitivities in quesion we’ll just name some exemplary:
- exploration, prospecting for and extraction of minerals from deposits, underground storage of substances, underground storage of waste or carbon dioxide (granted by the minister in charge of the environment or in matters not reserved for this minister by the voivode or starost
- production and trade of explosives, arms, ammunition, products for military and police purposes (granted by the minister in charge of internal affairs);
- production, processing, storage, transport and sale of fuels and energy (granted by the President of the Energy Regulatory Office)
- protection of persons and property, i.e. the activity of the so-called security agencies (granted by the minister in charge of internal affairs)
- operation of casinos (granted by the Minister of Finance).
We specialize in providing regulatory services in particular in relation to the following industries:
- Military (support for domestic or foreign armies)
What is the scope of our services related to meeting regulatory regulations in Poland?
We represent and support our clients in particular in the following activities:
- Prepairing regulatory handbooks and memorandums for potential investors;
- Obtaining permits, licenses and registration in the register of regulated activities;
- Assuring the compliance of the client’s business with regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis;
- Representing the client before the authorities during official audit;
- Prepairing a regulatory audit of client’s business;
- Representing the client before the authorities in all the administrative procedures related to the regulatory regulations.
And many more.
Is there anything we can help you with?
Should you wish to discuss your regulatory issues further, please do not hesitate to contact us. CGO Legal is an experienced legal partner with whom the achievement of your goals will be faster, safer and more comfortable.